Photography at Prescott 2011
The Club is very grateful to the many photographers who provide images for use by the club, and in particular for the development of this web site.
PRESS & PHOTOGRAPHERS PASSES Please note that Press Passes are only available to bona fide Press photographers and journalists who have submitted an approved press application form. We also provide photographer’s passes which allow track side access. If you would like to attend a B.O.C event and are not already on our media list please complete our Media Accreditation Application form and return it to Emma Avery, B.O.C, Prescott Hill, Gotherington, Cheltenham, GL52 9RD no later than three weeks prior to the event you are interested in attending. Click here for 2011 Media Accreditation form
Click here for Notes for Visiting Photographers
Click here for Vantage Points of Prescott Hill for Photographers visiting for the first time
Trackside passes are strictly limited in number.
All photographers and helpers who wish to work in trackside areas must sign-on at THE PADDOCK OFFICE by 08.30 latest (after this time, sign-on will be in the foyer of the B.O.C Club office) and must have their 2011 pink press pass clearly visible. If you come for both days of a meeting, then you must sign-on for each day.
When you sign-on you will be provided with an orange tabard if you have trackside access or a blue and yellow tabard if you are to be in the spectator areas; the tabard MUST be worn at all times. You will be asked to pay a deposit of £10.00 for each tabard and this will be refunded when you return it to THE PADDOCK OFFICE at the end of the day.
A full results sheet is available for THE PADDOCK OFFICE after the meeting when the awards presentation has finished.
Please remember the following:-
• The number of trackside passes is strictly limited in number
• Please follow the instructions of the Hill Marshals at all times
• If there are any incidents, please keep well clear
• Please do not intrude into the drivers' field of vision when they are on the start line
• For safety reasons please do not use tripods trackside
Images for use by the Club
Geoff Robinson is our Club photographic archivist. The archive is important to us in that we have not only a photographic record of each event but also allows us to include a selection of photography in the club publications and marketing literature. All submitted photographs are stored on a BOC external hard disc and then transferred to the club's server to ensure safe storage and archiving. We would be grateful for your continued support and ask you to submit your images for each event to Geoff. Geoff's postal address is: Hillcrest, Bromyard Road, Crown East, Worcs, WR2 5TR.
Basic brief for supplying images:-
• Images are required as highest quality JPEG files submitted on CD ROMs
• All photographers need to post process their own images (cropping, white balance adjustment etc)
• We require only your best quality images. The maximum number to be submitted from each meeting is 100. The emphasis is on quality rather than quantity. No shots of cars with the noses chopped off or are out of focus. If more than 100 are sent, we will be required to delete/edit some of them.
• If they're attending both days of a meeting, please can you burn your images to two separate files to make it easier to see which day the photos were taken.
• All shots need to show the car (or bike's) competition number for future identification purposes.
Corporate Days & Drivers' School Days
Please note that our press passes are for use at our event weekends only. If you would like to shoot at a Corporate Day or during a Drivers' School day, please contact Maggie Webster (Club Secretary) in advance. Maggie will then be able to advise you whether it is possible or be able to give contact details of the event organiser so you can approach them directly.
2012 Media Accreditation
For 2012 we will be introducing new press passes that will bear an ID picture. We would be grateful if you could complete the 2012 Media Accreditation form and return it to us at the BOC Club office with two passport pictures of yourself, along with any examples of your published work. Please submit to Emma Avery by 27th October 2011.
Click here for 2012 Media Accreditation form.
2011 Prescott Photographers' Award
Details have been updated click here
2011 Prescott Photographers' Exhibition
The Bugatti Owners' Club wishes to recognise and promote the high quality of our photographers and in addition to our annual awards will exhibit the best photographs in the above categories together with additional examples of their 2011 portfolio at The Gardens Gallery, Montpellier, Cheltenham for one week in April 2012.
click here for full details